Cytoplan B12 Subligual Methylcobalamin - 60 capsules
- This supplement comprises Vitamin B12 in the form of Methylcobalamin and hence is universally bio-effective. Most vitamin B12 products on the market are cyanocobalamin which needs to be enzymatically converted to methylcobalamin in the body.
- Sublingual literally means ‘beneath the tongue’ and these tablets will quickly dissolve in the mouth and rapidly allow the Vitamin B12 to be absorbed into the blood vesselsand thus avoid the problems associated with digestive tract uptake
- Higher potency with 500µg of Vitamin B12 per tablet
- Sublingual Vitamin B12 provides greater absorption and uptake in the body when compared to an ordinary tablet form
- The human body’s absorption of vitamin B12 appears to decrease with age and therefore low levels of vitamin B12 are more likely to be identified in people over 50
- Vegetarians and Vegans are also at risk of vitamin B12 deficiency as the vitamin is mainly found in animal based foods such as meats and offal
- The water solubility of the B-Complex vitamins means that generally any excess is excreted and not stored - Therefore they must be continually replaced. All B vitamins mixed with saliva are readily absorbed
- Unlike other B vitamins, some B12 is stored in the liver - But to avoid deficiency it does need to be continually ingested. The risk with vitamin B12 deficiency is that it can cause irreversible neurological damage and by the time symptoms appear it is often too late
- Vitamin B12 is necessary for normal nerve cell function and is involved in protein, fat and carbohydrate metabolism. Vitamin B12 helps in the utilisation of iron in the body and aids in the production of DNA and RNA – the body’s genetic material
- Suitable for Men, Women, Children and the Elderly
- Suitable for Vegetarians, Vegans and for people with Candida and Yeast sensitivities
- Free from Genetically Modified Substances
- Vitamin B12 contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Vitamin B12 contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system
- Vitamin B12 contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism
- Vitamin B12 contributes to normal psychological function
- Vitamin B12 contributes to normal red blood cell formation
- Vitamin B12 contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin B12 contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Vitamin B12 has a role in the process of cell division
Cytoplan was founded in 1990, by practitioners with many years experience in nutrition science. We work closely with Doctors and scientists to produce products which are highly bio-effective, truly innovative and backed by research and studies.
Suggested Intake: 1 tablet daily, or take as directed by a practitioner.
Suitable for: Vegetarians and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Non-Active Ingredients: Vegetable stearic acid.
Non GM & Free From: Yeast; wheat; starch, gluten; soy; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.
Storage: Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.
Vitamin B12 as Methylcobalamin500µg20,000
RDA = Recommended Daily Allowance
Ingredients: Dextrose, microcrystalline cellulose, vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin); vegetable stearic acid, crosscarmellose sodium.